King Highway Products Limited, Market Harborough, LE16 7PX
Monday to Thursday (4 day week)
£Attractive package depending on experience
(including pension and life insurance)
The King Group of Companies has been providing specialist transport equipment solutions for more than 55 years and is part of the Martin Group of Companies.
We are looking for a skilled and ‘hands on’ Workshop Manager for our commercial vehicle body workshop which manufacturers specialist traffic management vehicles. The primary purpose of this role is to achieve an efficient and high standard of production managing the throughput of work during the production process.
Based at Market Harborough working over a 4 day week (Monday to Thursday from 7.00 am to 5pm).
- Reporting to the Factory Manager, with responsibility for the 6 no. workshop employees and works subcontractors.
- Coordinating the workshop, ensuring the efficient and effective use of assigned staff and production facilities.
- Assist workshop employees in overcoming problems, providing practical solutions.
- Provide hands-on assistance to workshop employees as required
- Resolve personnel performance issues by identifying solutions and recommending action.
- Resource specialist subcontractors and assist the parts manager in resourcing components.
- Work with the General Manager on resource management and planning of production jobs, establishing priorities, monitoring progress, scheduling and revising schedules and meeting quality standards.
- Work alongside Group Health and Safety Advisors to maintain a safe and compliant workplace.
The ideal Candidate should have:
- Production Supervisory or Managerial experience.
- Strong practical experience in the commercial vehicle and ideally the commercial vehicle body building sector.
- An ability to interpret and understand drawings and technical data.
- Basic computer literacy.
To apply, please send your CV and accompanying letter stating your reasons for applying to: firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience. The King Group (www.king.uk.com) are a wholly owned subsidiary of the Group of Companies. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from any suitably qualified persons.