The King Group of Companies
Job Title: Salesperson – King Trailers
Location: Market Harborough (LE16)
Salary: Up to £30K per annum dependent on experience . Additionally potential OTE of up 20K+ mileage and car allowance will be applicable when the role evolves to cover field sales.
Additional Benefits: 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays, Pension, Free parking, Employee Assistance Programme, Life Assurance.
Contract Type: Permanent
The King Group of Companies has been providing transport equipment solutions for more than 60 years and is now part of the Martin Group of Companies. King’s client base includes blue chip companies in the defence, energy and highways sectors.
King Trailers bespoke manufacturing approach allows us to build specialist trailers for specific applications in the defence, nuclear, aviation and oil and gas industries as well as providing ‘off the shelf’ lowloader trailer models for more standard transportation requirements.
We are looking for a talented and motivated Salesperson who wants to learn the trailer business from the ground up. Initially the role will involve supporting the internal sales team as production capacity is increased to meet the demands from our customers. Following in the footsteps of our highly successful Business Development Manager, once product knowledge is gained, the role will develop to office and then field-based sales. The full time role after training will be primarily field based, with exceptional salary and benefits.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Developing product knowledge by handling all incoming office sales calls and shadowing experienced colleagues, assisting customers with suitable product selection.
- Logging all enquiries within Goldvision Client Relationship Management (CRM) system, producing quote/s if applicable, or where requirements are complex, working with the Business Development Manager.
- Maintaining and regularly cleansing the CRM to ensure all contacts are live and accurate.
- Assisting in processing orders – generating proforma invoices, logging and processing of internal order acknowledgements onto the companies Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system EFACS.
- Producing, distributing, and chasing up manufacturing sign-off to allow order to progress to production.
- Updating customers on order progress.
- Verifying all necessary paperwork has been received before arranging handover dates and times with customers.
- Preparing customer handover packs.
- Sending out customer satisfaction surveys and recording results once returned.
- Assisting with the preparation of marketing material, social media posts and exhibition organisation.
- Developing product knowledge and understanding that will allow progression within the role.
- General administrative duties as required.
After an initial 12-18 month period of training which will involve developing product knowledge and sales experience, it is expected that the role will start to take on responsibility for field sales.
- Territory will be allocated with sole responsibility over the area.
- Sales targets and product mix requirements will be communicated.
- Combination of hot and cold calling.
- Attending trade shows.
- Diligent, enthusiastic, and driven, with an excellent work ethic, and a “can do” attitude.
- Good personal time management and priority setting, with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent numeracy, literacy, and communication skills.
- Focus on providing the highest level of customer service.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Full clean drivers licence.
- Sales Order processing experience preferable but training will be provided.
- CRP/ERP system experience preferable, but training will be provided.
If you are looking for a new challenge and think you’ve got what it takes to become the next rising sales star, then please either, submit your CV or complete our online operative application form below stating your salary expectations.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from any suitably qualified persons.