QHSE Manager – Salary of up to £40K
The King Group of Companies
Job title: QHSE Manager
Location: Market Harborough (LE16)
Salary: Up to £40K
Additional benefits: 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays, Company Pension, Free parking, Employee Assistance Programme, Life assurance.
Contract Type: Permanent
The King Group of Companies has been providing transport equipment solutions for more than 60 years and is now part of the Martin Group of Companies. King’s client base includes blue chip companies in the defence, energy and highways sectors.
The King Group of Companies are looking for a talented and motivated QHSE manager to take ownership of the groups management systems and drive forward continuous improvements in all areas. The position is open to experienced professionals, those in advisory/deputy roles looking to make the next step, and talented graduates looking to make an impression in a complex engineering and manufacturing business that is heavily involved in the nuclear, military, energy, rail, and highways industries.
Reporting directly to a company director, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing a shop floor quality technician to support them in their duties. This is a hands-on, sleeves-rolled up role working on solutions with engineering and the shop floor.
- The primary focus of the role is to take ownership of the quality management system and to maintain the groups ISO9001 certification with long term aspirations to obtain certification for ISO45001 (H&S) & ISO14001 (Environmental) which form the foundation to achieving Fit for Nuclear Certification.
- Perform internal and external audits to maintain compliance with RISQS (Rail) & VCA (Vehicle Certification Authority) to maintain market access and the companies Conformity of Production.
- Drive forward improvement by analysing of non-conformances, reviewing trends and when necessary, chair root cause investigations, tracking corrective actions and measuring effectiveness.
- Maintain and update and produce, procedures, databases, manuals, work instructions and forms, ensuring revision control is managed within the document control system.
- Manage the customer satisfaction surveys.
- Act as a focal point for all King Trailers customer complaints and warranty claims, liaising with relevant personnel to resolve.
- Maintain training and competency system for practical and e-learning safety courses.
- Perform supplier audits and inspections as required.
- Develop quality plans for complex projects, including sub-contract quality management from ITP through to CAT.
- Perform dimensional, NDT and coating inspections on parts/assemblies as required. The company will invest in NDT training for the right candidate.
- Perform administrative health and safety and environmental roles as these are currently managed by department managers and parent company resource.
- Ideally Degree educated in a technical/science/engineering subject or significant experience in a similar role for a manufacturing company.
- Heavy engineering and manufacturing experience desirable but not essential.
- Ability to understand and then document processes in such a way that a layperson can understand and perform all tasks without additional support.
- Strong IT skills, understanding of complex excel formula would be highly advantageous.
- Ability to multitask and track numerous open actions to ensure timely close out.
- Good interpersonal skills to allow open discuss with key stakeholders to develop understanding of processes to document and work with individuals to improve.
- Ability to assess processes with a fresh set of eyes and identify waste, unnecessary complexity and suggest more efficient methods to achieve the same result.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, 45001 & 14001 Standards,
- ISO9001 Internal auditor qualification
- NEBOSH National General Certificate & IMEA Certification desirable but not necessary.
If you are looking for a new challenge and feel you have the skills to take on this vital role then please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your salary expectations.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from any suitably qualified persons.