The King Group of Companies based at Market Harborough (a short walk from the railway station) has been providing cost effective transport equipment solutions worldwide for more than 55 years and is part of the Martin Group of Companies.
Due to increasing volumes of work and customer orders, we are looking for highly motivated, flexible individuals who possess an aptitude to develop practical mechanical skills. Are you a logical thinker with a passion to solve problems, ready to join our team refurbishing, modifying and upgrading road/rail excavators and associated equipment?
You will be working over a 4 day week which will either be Monday to Thursday or Tuesday to Friday from 7am to 5pm, with the opportunity for overtime. We offer long term work with a progressive company.
Your skills and experience:
Ideally you will be joining us from a background where you have applied practical operational skills including mechanical and electrical and you should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Understand and solve production and equipment related issues
- Have a high level of accountability and ownership for results, not being afraid to tackle challenging tasks
- Have a passion to look for ways to improve equipment reliability and suggest and implement changes which will grow the business
- Be a strong team player who can work collaboratively with teams across the organisation
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to clean, operate and maintain equipment
- A willingness to share knowledge and build capability in others
- Have a high regard for Health and Safety
- Candidates should have experience in the Plant and Construction industry, machine control installation and RCI’s would be an advantage although training will be given.
- Basic understanding of IT
- NVQ level 2 Plant maintenance (or equivalent)
- Plant based mechanical experience and understanding of machine control products
- Familiarity with heavy equipment, electrical and hydraulic systems
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
Closing date: 17th July 2020