The King Group of Companies has been providing cost effective transport equipment solutions worldwide for more than 55 years and is part of the Martin Group of Companies.
We are looking to recruit an experienced commercial vehicle painter, due to the continued growth and success of the company. In return, we are offering an excellent, negotiable salary and benefits within a superb, up-to-date, organised working environment. Based at Market Harborough (a short walk from the railway station), working over a 4 day week from 0700 hours to 1700 hours, Monday to Thursday. There is an opportunity for overtime.
As a commercial paint sprayer, you will have to set up equipment, mix materials correctly and achieve the right consistency. You will be involved in preparing the surfaces of the vehicle before applying a range of different primers and paints. You will have to maintain equipment and ensure that paints are stored correctly.
ATA and/or NVQ qualification will be an advantage but not essential if you have the skills and experience.
- have a minimum of five years previous experience painting commercial vehicles
- Attention to detail. You will need to have a high level of accuracy and an eye for details to ensure that the finish of the paint is of the highest standard
- be able to do all aspects of spray painting to a high standard
- be able to manage your own workload
Typical day to day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing the bodywork of the vehicle, trailer or equipment
- Preparing paint spraying equipment
- Mixing paint to the right colour and consistency
- Applying several coats to the item, including primers, colours and protective finishes
- Painting to current legislation;
- Maintaining and cleaning equipment
- Storing paints in the correct conditions
- Adhering to Health & Safety rules and regulations, ensuring that you always follow safety procedures;
- Responsibility for cleanliness and housekeeping standards in own area;
- Reducing wastage by using raw materials and consumable items carefully;
- Assisting the company in caring for the environment by correctly disposing of waste products;
- Working on all types of vehicles, including rigids and trailers