The King Group (est. 1962) manufacture and convert specialist trailers, vehicles and plant for the construction, highways, rail, defence and nuclear industries with a prestigious end client portfolio of Government and blue-chip organisations.
Commercial Vehicle Body Builder/Fitter
King Highway Products Limited
£ Competitive pay + benefits + 38 hours 4 day working week + overtime
Due to continuing rising demand King Highway Products Ltd are looking to recruit an experienced commercial vehicle body builder/fitter (including mechanical and electrical fitting) to convert commercial vehicle manufacturers’ chassis cabs to bespoke highway industry vehicles with specialist lorry bodies, lights, surveillance and safety equipment to the highest standards.
Day to Day tasks will be varied and include training to carry out specialist commercial vehicle assembly and maintenance including:
- Install mechanical brackets, cut chassis members to required length, drill as required for bracket attachment
- Cut, bend, fit and assemble components, using hand tools and portable power tools
- Mount traffic management cushions and light boards to chassis brackets, connect mechanically and electrically
- Install electrical wiring for dome lights, taillights, brake lights and other equipment according to specified procedures
- Spray or brush paint primer or protective coating on wood and metal surfaces
- Following safe systems of work during the process of electrical and mechanical fitting
- General labouring, vehicle maintenance and workshop duties
- A background in vehicle engineering/auto electrical fitting
- Light fabrication skills/manual fitting
- Ability to interpret and understand drawings/technical data
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and resolve problems
- Attractive salary
- Life Insurance
- Long term job security
To apply, please send your CV and accompanying letter stating your reasons for applying to: firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience. The King Group (www.king.uk.com) are a wholly owned subsidiary of the Group of Companies. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from any suitably qualified persons.